The Middle Peninsula Public Access Authority is charged with the following duties:
- Identify land, either owned by the Commonwealth or private holdings, that can be secured for use by the general public as a public access site;
- Research and determine ownership of all identified sites;
- Determine appropriate public use levels of identified access sites;
- Develop appropriate mechanisms for transferring title of Commonwealth or private holdings to the Authority;
- Develop appropriate acquisition and site management plans for public access usage;
- Determining which holdings should be sold to advance the mission of the Authority; and
- Perform other duties required to fulfill the mission of the Middle Peninsula Chesapeake Bay Public Access Authority.